Friday, July 20, 2007

One Month To Go...


I can't believe another month has gone by since my last entry and that we are just four weeks away from Baby Tucci's arrival. Things in the Tucci household have been very busy including a conference for Ross in Spokane, a conference for me in San Diego and a seven-day camping trip with Ross' family to Yellowstone and the Grand Teton National Parks in Wyoming.

It took three SUVs but we managed to get Ross and I, his mom, brother, two sisters, three nephews and niece- plus all of our camping gear- to Wyoming in just two days and about 16 total hours of driving. With four children and a prego lady we ended up making lots of bathroom stops.



Everyone told me camping while 34 weeks pregnant was a terrible idea but I must say that the trip went pretty smoothly and aside from issues climbing out of the air mattress in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and trying to shave my legs in the smallest shower stall ever, the trip was pretty routine. Ross was kind enough to help me up for those late night potty breaks and I just gave up on the leg shaving (I mean I was camping for goodness sake!).



We had a wonderful vacation and it's hard to believe that will be our last without a little one in tow. We spent a few days in each park and took side trips to Jackson Hole and Cody, Wyoming to show the kids a real cowboy town that included numerous cabins and hideouts that Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid used.



Now we are busy trying to do those last minute things for the baby like, oh I don't know, create a nursery!! His nursery is currently our home office and we are terribly unprepared for his arrival if he decides to show up early. I finally did order his crib bedding online and did make an online order for the car seat just so we can get the little guy home from the hospital. Other than that, we are going to try to get a little more organzied over the next few weeks while really just winging it.

Sunday we will attend a one day 9-5 pm crash course on labor and delivery/parenting, etc. Hopefully that will be all we need to know to get through "D" day.

Pregnancy Stats
There are 31 days until my due date on August 21, 2007.
I am 249 days pregnant.
I am 8.2 months pregnant.

1 comment:

DPUTiger said...

Very glad to see an update from you. Make sure you keep "us" updated when the little guy makes his arrival. All the best, my friend! :) amy