Softball season just ended and what a whirlwind it was. The team was on the road for three of the final four weeks and ended up advancing to the semifinal at the Women's College World Series where it finished third. It was my third trip to the WCWS in five years and was a great way to finish the season.
Baby Tucci has become quite the traveler this year, visiting six states in 17 weeks, including Arizona, California, Florida, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Oregon, not to mention quick layovers in Wyoming, Idaho, Illinois and Texas to name a few.
He has also been a part of some of the best collegiate championships around, including the Women's Volleyball Final Four and the WCWS and has shown his enthusiasm by doing back flips during the most intense parts of competition. I never figured out if he was responding to the roar of the crowd or my adrenaline rushes with a close play at the plate. Regardless, he knew something was going on around him and wanted to be a part of it. We will have to wait to see if he is as much a sports nut as his mom or if he'll wind up with other passions Ross and I couldn't dream of like music or art. With all of the Seattle Mariner onesies Ross registered for, however, I don't think he is going to miss catching the baseball bug like his parents.
I guess it doesn't help that I've picked out baseball themed bedding either... here is a sneak peak but I promise not to go overboard and buy every pillow, lamp shade and wall hanging. The baby's nursery is only 9' by 9' anyway.

A few wonderful people at work have decided to throw me a baby shower next week which means I had to get my butt in gear and finally register. Ross and I had gone down to pick out furniture last week and lucky we did since it takes up to 12 weeks to arrive and I was 11 weeks out.
We went out again yesterday to finish up registering at Babies R Us and boy do newborns need a lot of stuff!!! We ended up picking out about 50 items from diapers to wipe warmers to blankets to nail clippers and just when we were feeling proud of ourselves the lady working the counter told us that the national average was 145 items for first-time parents. I guess Jr. will have to be a minimalist because I can't think of 100 more things to register for. Besides, who has the space for all of that stuff?! Ross is a firm believer that if we give him a stick and a rock that he will be able to entertain himself for hours without fancy toys anyways. Maybe I should register for some eye protection and a helmet...
Pregnancy Stats
There are 68 days until my due date on August 21, 2007.
I am 212 days pregnant.
I am 7 months pregnant.
1 comment:
Great to see you posting again. Nuvey had her baby June 6. Glad you had fun in OKC! :) amy
Post a Comment