I thought I could use this blog to update family and friends on this journey to motherhood. I am 15w 2d pregnant and we are due with Baby Tucci on August 21, 2007. We can't wait to meet her. Yes, I said "her" but don't get too excited. This is merely mother's intuition (which I read is 71% accurate) but we will find out officially in 4 weeks. I'm not sure if I feel this way by intuition alone or if I've let all those wives tales influence my thinking.
I was very sick weeks 5-12 (sign of a girl), have craved fruit (sign of a girl) and have had the acne of a 13 year old (sign of a girl). My question is why do all the bad things make you more likely to have a girl?! I think men may have helped develop this folklore!!
We went in for a check up on Monday and I've gained four pounds (155). This is great news since I started out with a pre-pregnancy weight of 156 and got down to 151 by the end of the first trimester. Doc was not pleased but I did the best I could under the circumstances.
We also got the hear the baby's heart beat and it was pumping at a quick 156 bpm (another sign of a girl). It kind of sounds like the dishwasher running, lot of wooshing sounds. The baby has nestled down in my lower right side so I'm thinking she might be a bit shy like I was when I was younger.
I've been feeling GREAT this week- the best I've felt since I found out I was pregnant on Dec. 12. I still have the occasional aversion to certain foods (mostly meat) but the nausea has almost disappeared. I've moved into a new phase where all I want to do is sleep!! I've fallen asleep on the couch every night around 8 p.m. and will sleep until about 7 a.m. I must be trying to stock up a reserve for when the little one gets here!
My folks are planning a visit later this month and I can't wait to see them. It will be their first trip to Washington since our wedding in June of 2004 and it is a huge milestone in dad's recovery to get on an airplane (way to go dad!). We are so looking forward to spending time with them, showing them our home and taking them to meet our doctor (who I love!). They can't wait for their first grandbaby and I know she (or he) will love them too.
Pregnancy Stats:
There are 172 days until my due date on August 21, 2007.
I am 108 days pregnant.
I am 3.5 months pregnant.
3 comments:
Glad to see another blogger getting started! I'll keep you updated on my (much less exciting) news ... I'm going to visit Jim on Monday/Tuesday!
Love ya! :) a
When are the embarassing photos coming? I can't wait!!!!
Wa i nee, Misty!
Congratulations!!
Kids are so much fun. I wouldn't put much stock in those "wives tales" though. They didn't work for me!
Can't wait for the next update!
-Kim
Post a Comment